Cleaning makeup brushes is just one of those tasks that takes time and patience but is REALLY important. Once a week I like to do a really good clean of my brushes getting rid of any old makeup, bacteria dirt, oil and all the other lovely things brushes tend to gather. This is the method I follow to clean my brushes:
1.Set up a towel for your brushes to lay on!
2. Begin to rinse your brushes with lukewarm water
3. Take any cleaning product of your choice (soft soap or shampoo) and run the brush back and forth in your hand. You will see the old makeup rinse away!
*can also substitute the side of the sink if you don’t want to use your hand.
4. Squeeze the brush gently, the water and makeup will continue to rinse away.
5. Repeat if necessary! You may have to assess the brush situation, there could be more makeup in the brush than you think!
6. Lay the brushes flat to dry completely before returning them to your kit!
This could be a good new years resolution for those of you who don’t wash your brushes very often! Cleaning your makeup brushes is an important part of your skin care routine because you don’t want to apply bacteria and dirt to a nicely cleansed face:)