“The willingness to show up changes us, It makes us a little braver each time.” -Brenne Brown
It is easy to let your amygdala (the fear center of the brain) overly influence challenges or opportunities that might present themselves throughout your life. While developed to protect you, this fear response can gain traction every time you surrender, funnelling your existence into a “safe” and “comfortable” prison. We all struggle with different degrees of this affliction but it is important to recognize wether your amygdala is becoming a dominant influence on your life.
Here are some strategies that have helped me calm my fear response and try some new dangerous exciting things:
1. Take some time in the morning to feed your soul. have coffee, read, journal, pray. Contemplative meditation is so vital to being at peace.
2. Exercise daily, the brain chemicals you receive from 20 minutes of vigorous exercise are stronger than any anti-depressant on the market! (its okay if you become an addict!)
3. Practice breathing, bring your self back to the present moment, you can’t change the past and you can’t see the future, the time is now!
4. Dwell on positive thoughts, truths, good things and being thankful. Don’t let negative thoughts cycle in your head. recognize when you are thinking negatively and consciously over-ride those with good thoughts
5. Try new things, embrace opportunities to grow as a person, treat other people with kindness and go out of your way to show love. Showing compassion can help another’s struggles and help bring perspective to your own.
Here are some photos from beautiful Maui where I am attempting to become a big small wave surfer and windsurfer. The island is a place where I am constantly challenged by new but fun environments where I have to use all my fear fighting tools.
Beautiful post, and beautiful photos, Michaela I hope Maui is feeding your soul!
ps – Brene Brown was on Chase Jarvis Live the other day – if you find any down-time between surfing, thought you might like to watch it 😉 http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/live/ xo
Thanks Alexis!! I loved that Chase Jarvis talk, so good! Thanks for sending that! Talk soon!! XX
And those fact that you don’t need buy cialis prescription make this pills more comfortable for use.